Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This Morning, My Heart Is In Boston

Yesterday's bombings during the Boston Marathon was a painful reminder that the anger and aggression that exists within people in this world is reaching a frightening boiling point. It sickens me and should sicken everyone that on a beautiful, sunny day, a community came together to support a charitable and beloved cause only to walk away with feelings of devastation, grief and hopelessness. I'll never understand what the reward is in destroying people's lives; but I do know that a resolution to all this madness needs to happen and fast.

My prayers and sincerest condolences go out to the people of Boston. There is no Boston-New York rivalry today as far as I'm concerned, and there won't be for a very long time.

Follow Rasheeda Cooper on twitter: @ra_cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment