Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Youk a Yank

AP Photo / Charles Rex Arbogast
Okay, so after a glorious night out with friends, I come home to find out that the Yankees and Kevin Youkilis have indeed agreed on a one-year, $12 million deal.

The baseball part of my brain sees Youkilis as a good option to cover third base in Alex Rodriguez' absence. We all know that he's excellent at the hot corner, and while he doesn't hit much for power, he can pop one at the right moment.

The Yankee fanatic part of my brain is not too happy. In my eyes, Youkilis will always be a part of Red Sox Nation, and that boils something awful in me. Sure, there have been many other players that played for the enemy, came to the Bronx and not only did well but were beloved. But something about Youkilis screams "Red Sox for Life" and that, well, irritates me to say the least. It's going to take something phenomenal for me to let my guard down and embrace this guy. Perhaps a walk-off? Yeah, that might do it.

Welcome to the Bronx, Kevin. Let the fan mud slinging begin!

Follow Rasheed Cooper on twitter: @ra_cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment