Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mo Will Talk to Pettitte

The Yankees and Bomber fanatics know that their best hope of making a serious run for another championship will be if Andy Pettitte returns and puts retirement on the back burner for one more year.

So does Mariano Rivera, and he wants to try and gauge where Andy's head is at right now.

"I might try to reach him soon. My message will be - I want to hear what he's doing, what he wants to do. If he wants to continue playing, I think we would have a good shot."

These were Mo'son  words Thursday, as reported by Mark Feinsand and Anthony McCarron of the Daily News yesterday. According to the article, Mo may even try to talk Andy out of retirement.

"He would have the last word, but yes," Rivera said.  "Andy, to me, is one of the best left-handers out there. I would take him any time."

Although Andy has yet to make a decision, this is good news as history has taught us that the longer he takes, the more likely he is to return. We'll wait as long as it takes.

Follow Rasheeda Cooper on twitter: @ra_cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment